Lost or Stolen Title

If you lost your title, you may get a replacement. If there is a lien on your vehicle, a duplicate title will be sent to the lien holder.

Before purchasing your replacement title, make sure you update your address.

Update my Address

You may apply for a duplicate title online.

Get a Replacement Title

To get a duplicate title by mail or in person, you must provide all of the following:

You should make check or money orders out to the SCDMV. Do not mail cash.

If mailing the application, mail it to the address below:

PO Box 1498
Blythewood, SC 29016-0024

Same-day expedited duplicate titles are available in person only. There is an additional $20 expedite fee for this option.

Find an SCDMV branch