Titling Class for Auto Dealers
The SCDMV provides training sessions on titling and registering vehicles in South Carolina. This is designed for automobile dealership employees who complete title and registration documents for customers. The class helps with the items listed below:
- Accurately completing the Title Application (SCDMV Form 400)
- Verifying an application package is complete without errors ,including all required documents along with a title application
- Indicating the correct odometer mileage and odometer brands on the application and supporting paperwork
- Computing gross vehicle weight rates for property carrying vehicles
- Handling title reassignment errors
There is a class limit for all classes scheduled outside of Blythewood. You should register as early as possible. The SCDMV will add additional classes if needed. This is not the class potential dealers must pass to become a dealer. For more information about the class to become a licensed dealer, contact Dealer Licensing at 803-896-2611.
To register, for the Title and Registration class, contact Training at 803-896-4870 or send an email.
All classes are held on Wednesdays from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all in-person classes are cancelled until further notice. The SCDMV apologizes for the inconvenience and encourages you to view the electronic presentation below.
The 2019 Training Presentation for Dealer Class (with audio) can be viewed in lieu of attending a class in person. You must view the training presentation on a computer. Information to acknowledge your viewing of this online presentation will be sent to you from your EVR Service Provider. If you have already signed up to attend an in-person class and will no longer attend, please send Training an email.