Welcome to Electronic Vehicle Registration, an online system designed to assist South Carolina residents with titling and registering the following:
- Light Trucks (9,000 pounds or less)
- Sport Utility Vehicles (SUVs)
- Motorcycles (no mopeds)
- Mobile Homes
Note: Never buy a vehicle without seeing and receiving a title signed by the previous owner.
To use this system, you will need:
- A South Carolina title, with the seller’s name on the front of the title and signed by the
- An odometer reading completed by the seller(s) on the back of the title for vehicles less than 10 model years old.
- A lien release if there is a lien holder listed on the front of the title and the loan is paid off.
- A South Carolina Driver License, Beginner’s permit or Identification card, your social security number and the Issue Date of the Driver License, Beginner's permit or Identification card.
- For Business Customers, the customer number for the business provided by SCDMV
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
If you need to update your address, we encourage you to use the Address Change transaction BEFORE