Schedule an Appointment
As of June 1, 2021, SCDMV is transitioning to a walk-in approach to better serve customers’ needs due to the substantial increase in customer volume at branch offices resulting from vaccinations and easing of COVID-19 restrictions,. The agency continues to require appointments, as it did before the COVID-19 pandemic, for CDL skills tests and regular and motorcycle license road tests.
Regular and Motorcycle License Knowledge and Skills Testing
- All branches accept walk-in customers for these regular and motorcycle license skills tests from 8:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. everyday besides Wednesday. On Wednesdays, branch offices accept walk-in customers for these types of license road tests from 9:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Customers must make appointments to take regular and motorcycle skills tests from 2 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Customers will not be able to take knowledge tests after 4:00 p.m.
- Available tests include Class D, E, F, and M.
Commercial License Knowledge and Skills Testing
- Any commercial driver's license (CDL) holder must have an appointment to complete a road test. No walk-in road tests will be conducted.
- For commercial license skills tests, customers must make an appointment at one of nine SCDMV branches able to accommodate this type of test.
- Customers will not be able to take knowledge tests after 4 p.m.