With more than 65 office locations statewide and more than 1,200 fulltime positions, the SCDMV offers an array of career fields. The most frequent vacancies occur in the following positions:
- Customer Service Representatives
- Customer Service Representatives duties typically include examining, accepting, preparing, typing and printing all documents required in issuing drivers licenses, beginner permits and identification cards for all classes; original, duplicate, transfers, temporary and replacement vehicle registrations, license plates, handicap placards, golf cart permits and/or titles.
- Customer Service Specialists
- Customer Service Specialists are typically responsible for customer service delivery to internal and external customers. They answer complex and detailed inquiries on a daily basis concerning DMV laws, policies and procedures as related to driver and or vehicle services through various modes of communication such as telephone, email, or written correspondence.
- License Examiners
- Examiners evaluate the skills and abilities of applicants to operate a motor vehicle for all classes of driver license by means of road demonstration testing. They also performs administrative duties pertaining to all aspects and phases of motor vehicle registration and driver license documents.
All vacant positions are listed online. Once on the jobs website, select "Department of Motor Vehicles" from the listing of agencies and then "Apply Search."