View Dealer License Information
Dealer Sanction HistoryThis resource allows you to do all of the following:
- View if a dealership is active, suspended, cancelled, or revoked
- View a dealership's location
- View the sanction history of an active, suspended, or cancelled dealership during the past twenty-four months
Understanding Dealer Sanctions
Below is a dealer's history of any violations it received. If a dealer is found in violation of any dealer-related SC law, a dealer will be sanctioned in one of three ways:
- Points assessed on the dealer's license
- Receiving a suspension
- Dealer license being revoked
Dealers can receive two, four, or six points. The first time a dealer accumulates 12 points results in a seven-day suspension.
The second time a dealer accumulates 12 points it is suspended for 30-days.
The third time a dealer accumulates 12 points (within a three-year period), from the end date of the first suspension, it is possible that the dealer's license is revoked.
How to Interpret Posted Points
- If a sanction is found to be less than one year, the points will remain as is.
- If a sanction is found to be one year old and less than two years, half of the points will be removed.
- If a sanction is found to be two years old or more, all of the points will be removed (reducing the points to zero, which will no longer be visible for viewing).