Non-Franchise Dealers Pre-Licensing Course
If you're applying for a non-franchise dealer license, you must attend an eight hour pre-licensing course before you're issued a dealer license. The original certificate of course completion must be submitted with your application.
This requirement does not apply to the following dealers:
- recreational vehicle,
- wholesale auction,
- non-franchised dealers owned and operated by franchised dealers,
- non-franchised dealers whose primary business is salvage, or
- non-franchised dealers whose primary business objective and majority of business activity is the rental of motor vehicles.
There are two providers that teach this course:
- Carolina Independent Automobile Dealer Association (CIADA)
- Phone: 1-800-432-4232 or 704-455-2117
- Carolina Dealer Training
- Phone: 704-918-4138